Training With Alison Geymer and her team
Tackle your Parkinson’s head on with the best of the best. The Elite. The experts who know that the current system is lacking. The experts who believe that comprehensive consults with a Parkinson’s physical therapist AT DIAGNOSIS is THE BEST way to stay ahead of the disease process and optimize longterm outcomes.
Staying on top of optimal exercise, movement and nutrition can slow down and possibly even prevent the later stages of Parkinson’s. Access for life to experts in movement, nutrition, and cognition is KEY to feeling better and moving better throughout your lifespan.
The key to moving forward and seeing positive changes in any aspect of life is having clear, objective, measurable goals. The only way to know if you are meeting these goals is to establish baselines, have frequent check-ins and update goals accordingly.
While we believe there are excellent programs out there; starting and continuing a program without consulting an expert about what is right for you, in our opinion, is like taking medication without consulting a doctor. Just as you work with your neurologist to determine the best medications or surgical options, you should work with your movement specialists (Specialized Neurological/Movement Disorders Physical Therapist) to determine the best therapies and/or exercise programs for you.
Amplitude Specific Training
Pelvic Floor and Orthopedic Therapy
Did you know that your pelvic floor (surrounding your bowels and bladder) is made of muscle just like the rest of the body? And that physical therapists can help with problems like urinary leakage, constipation, urgency, pelvic pain, pain with intercourse and more? Even issues related. to menopause! We have an expert for that! Also an orthopedic expert for any aches and pains that arise during exercise.
Exercise & Nutrition
It absolutely DOES matter HOW you exercise and WHAT you put into your body. Our exercise classes not only meet but exceed the updated recommendations from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Come learn how to fuel your body and move in a way that optimizes lasting brain changes for the better.
We believe in assessing the whole body and customizing a plan designed for YOU, not based off of a protocol. We value the principles behind the large amplitude programs and apply them daily but feel strongly that they do not assess everything. We look at the vestibular system, foot mechanics, bowel and bladder functioning, diaphragm movement and strength, flexibility, nutrition and fuel, comorbidities and more.
No Pain, No Gain
Whether you like to lift heavy stuff, punch away your stress or go slow, smooth and calm with your exercise, we have something for you! Look right for a few of our favorites.
The Parkinson’s Foundation recommends strength training 2-3 days/week and PROGRESSING resistance. We work on strength with weights, TRX straps and by using our bodyweight.
Flexibility and ability to get on/off the floor are KEY to function and life. We can’t be strong if we aren’t flexible.
Group Cardio class
Aerobic exercise is CRUCIAL for driving positive neuroplastic changes in the brain. We make it happen while keeping it fun!
We have an option for everyone! Contact us if you don’t see a plan that works for you and let’s customize one for you!
Open Gym Access
- If you’re just dropping in, then this may be for you. Caregivers welcome also. If you’re ready to tackle Parkinson’s full-on, our Unlimited package could save you a lot of money.
- Want access to your therapists all the time? This will give you unlimited talk/text access to your therapist during business hours as well as 1x/month 30 minute virtual or in-person consult and adjustment to your home exercise plan. Also get priority scheduling for other services.
- Unlimited access to ALL of our exercise and Voice classes; up to 44 classes per month: including Rock Steady Boxing, PWR! Moves, TRX, Strength and cardio classes as well as Loud Crowd and Karoake group!
- Add Open Gym access for only $30/month
Nutrition and Wellness Membership
- Ongoing wellness counseling including nutrition assessment and advice, lifestyle factors such as optimizing sleep, exercise, supplementation, stress levels, breathing, meditation, etc! Includes one 60 minute consultation per month.
- 3 classes per week
- Comprehensive assessment required
- *Insurance may pay for comprehsneive assessment*
- Add Open Gym access for only $30/month
- Just want to check out a class? Not ready for a full committment? Then this is for you!
* Insurance may pay for your comprehensive assessments and any one-on-one therapy. Classes are cash pay only.*
What You Get
Which option is right for you?